Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I may be moving to Olympia sooner than anticipated. I discovered an apartment building that is apparently the Holy Grail of apartment buildings, right in the center of downtown Olympia, and I've been spending most of my spare time trying to secure it. It's tricky - I don't have any direct contacts in Olympia to check out the place for me nor do I necessarily have the credit for this kind of thing. (I lost most of the former in the big Kill Rock Stars change-of-hands last year and most of the latter in this year's taxes.) I do, however, know people who know people, and I'm pretty sure my mom will help out if things get serious. Her basement's storing 90% of my belongings right now and as far as I know she's not loving it or anything.

Allow me to briefly expound on how great this place is. It's on the bus line and it sports an on-site washer/dryer and free wireless internet. It's right around the corner from what Hannah informs me is "the best bookstore in the city" and right upstairs from "the best coffee in the city." It's in front of a lake and has a view of the park. It is one block from KRS and three from K. I want it I want it I want it.

I've been suffering from designer's block the last few days. I don't know where it's coming from. It's an issue of focus and motivation, I think; this is commercial work, so there can't be any real artistic despair to speak of. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on track tomorrow.

Ryan
xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home