Friday, June 05, 2009

I was tagged by Hannah, so here goes:

1. What is your current obsession?
My current obsessions are my longtime ones as well - I spend a lot of time thinking about design, songwriting, and fiction writing.

2. What is your weirdest obsession?
That's a tough one. I don't find "weird" a useful word, usually.

3. What do you see outside your window?
A large factory, a checkerboard watertower, and a cavalcade of Caltrains. In a couple of weeks, it'll be fences, cars, and the house across the street.

4. What is your favourite colour?
Brown.

5. What is your weakness?
I'm easily discouraged.

6. What animal would you be?
Either a mynah bird or an African grey.

7. What would you like to learn how to do?
So many things! Build a clock from scratch, write an operating system from scratch, sing correctly, play the cello competently, animate competently, convincingly draw/paint people and animals from all angles, take care of my car, build my own guitar pedals...

8. What do you want to never happen in life?
I'd prefer not to have anyone I care about die "before their time."

9. What is on your bedside table?
Cell phone, forgotten cups, mass market paperbacks, postcards, coins, etc.

10. What's the last thing you bought?
A blueberry muffin.

11. What do you think about the person that tagged you?
I like Hannah a lot. She's a very kind, real person.

12. What was your favourite children's book?
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsberg.

13. Who do you want to meet in person?
Marilynne Robinson. The hell of it is that she actually lives in Iowa City and teaches at the University of Iowa. If only I'd known about her during uni!

14. What did you want to be as a child?
An astronomer and a comic book artist.

15. What did you dream about last night?
The usual stuff. Our parrot Max started tentatively squawking just before I woke up, so my final dreams had a lot of multicolored birds circling around.

16. Which do you prefer, day or night?
Day, if I can be outside.

17. What's your favourite piece of clothing in your closet?
It's a toss-up between my red Wind-Up Bird t-shirt, my blue Banana Republic hoodie, and my brown corduroys.

18. What's your plan for tomorrow?
Dina and I are going to spend most of the day moving. Afterwards, I'm going to try to finish up my graphic design studio project.

19. What would you like to get your hands on right now?
A job I enjoy doing.

20. What is your must have of the moment?
Blood. Water. Eyesight. Hearing. Etc.

21. What's your favourite tea flavour?
Lemon or peach.

22. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
Paris. I wouldn't mind visiting NYC again, either, at least for a little while.

Tagging: I don't think anyone reads this journal anymore, but I know Doug used to. So Doug, if you're reading this, I just tagged you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home